Saturday, July 31, 2010


Empty Nest Syndrome

"Empty Nest Syndrome refers to feelings of depression, sadness, and/or grief experienced by parents and caregivers after children come of age and leave their childhood h
omes. This may occur when children go to college or get married. Women are more likely than men to be affected" - Psychology Today

I think I have this. Nobody is ever home. Nobody ever wants to do anything with me. Nobody comes home for dinner. Nobody wants to watch a movie with me. Nobody needs me. One of the reasons I think I have this is because now while Tom, Pete and Drew do their own thing... I spend alot of time (and money) on the following: Fanny, Joshua, Sally, N.B., Harold, Kumar, Ants in the Uncle Milton's Giant Ant Farm, and the latest addition... Cornelia Marie


Did I really need to buy Cornelia today at the Reptile Expo for $40? Not really. Did I really need to stop at PetSmart today on the way home and get her a fancy cave to live in? Not to mention the dozen crickets I bought to feed her. But then the crickets were feeling the water with their little feelers and taking little sips from her water bowl... Now I feel like I should give the crickets names too. ... I am afraid I may bond with them.... and take them out of her tank before she can eat them. I was thinking I can put them in the original little plastic turtle case. But what the heck would they eat? BTW I bought Fanny and Joshua a new pool the other day. And I planted a pot of grass so Sally and NB can have fresh greens to snack on. I keep telling myself I am not using the critters to replace my kids. I'm not convinced though. When I left for work the other day I had to unlock the door and come back in the house because I forgot to say good bye to Fanny and Joshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment